AnsweredAssumed Answered

New to SW, coming from Solid Edge

Question asked by Lovannah Sirois on May 14, 2018
Latest reply on May 14, 2018 by Ryan McVay

Hello,

I've been learning the ins and outs of SW for a few weeks now.  I've been using Solid Edge for almost 17 years now, so somethings I've picked up easily, others I struggle with.

My main struggle is with excel.  I design power transformers, and my designs (in solid edge) are all linked to main excel file that drives all my files.  When I start a new project, I open my excel file, do all my design changes required alongside the electrical engineering department calculations. I open my SE files, update everything to reflect the desired changes.

When a new project starts, I choose a similar project or a template model to start, relink my new excel file to this new project using Revision Manager, again in SE.

How is this done in solidworks?  I've started creating my base template model in SW, linking my data to my parts/assemblies through design tables.  When I want to pack and go the file to drop on the server and select choose reference files, it ignores my excel design file.  Which makes me wonder, when I use this template assembly to create a new project, how will I reassign a new excel sheet to replace the initial one?

So, if anyone has any solid edge experience and can understand my muddled explanation of my work flow, it would be greatly appreciated.

Lovannah

Outcomes