Tran, I'm not sure that it's possible. The only way I can even create a workaround is with a sketched box around an annotation which is far less than ideal. If you try to use the "border" feature within annotations it boxes X and Y values individually.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help ... Free bump to the top in hopes that someone else has a novel idea.
Edit: I'm not sure why it was initially giving me boxes around both my X and Y values/text but I've tried it again and it works for a "work around" but is not parametric.
It is ok , thank you for your reply @John Pesaturo
This could be done with a mouse click programming to place x,y corr @ a pick point ; however, soon the view is moved, all the values varies !
I might be wrong but x,y corrd seem to be entered manually in AutoCAD ?
EDIT: in my previous job, this type of dwg was done by documentation which reproduced the customer's dwg for machine shop
I have a work around that may work in your case.
- Use ordinate dimensions to locate you point.
- Use an annotation note to open a text box.
- Select each point.
- Add you "X=" and "Y=" in front of the results.
- Select Box Border.
- The numbers are now associative and if needed you can hide the originals.
- You can view the address of the RMB "Edit Text in Window"
Hope this helps.
Thank you @Alan Bumbaugh, I still wonder:
- If I change the ordinate dimension value, how to make the value in box change automatically.
- I can hide the ordinate dimension, but how to show it again.
- And how to add symbol of directional X,Y datum like in picture. Is it a symbol or just multi jog line.
If the dimension is deleted in the drawing it will need to be reselected, however if the model is changed the drawing will follow the model.
Go to the View tab / Hide/Show / Annotations, the hidden dimension will show up as an alternate color.
Once the annotation box is open move you cursor and add what you need.
For the symbol, a Library character may be what is needed. I haven't had the need for these, someone else may add.
I am still on SW 2016 your version may be slightly different.
Hope this helps.