8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 7:10 AM by Y. Js

    What changed in 2018 document manager?

    Velid Sales

      I have function that we used since SW 2015 that checked one of field we designated for revision and compared it with revision level in our ERP software. Since we upgraded to SW 2018, function does not work anymore. First I got license key errors, and  now that I resolved that, it still does not work. Here is mu function:

       

      Function getSWRevLev(strFile As String) As String

         

          'some variables

         

          Dim strMsg As String

          Dim strRev As String

          Dim myDMCF As SwDocumentMgr.SwDMClassFactory

          Dim myDocMgr As SwDocumentMgr.SwDMApplication

          Dim mySWDoc As SwDocumentMgr.SwDMDocument

         

          'create sw connection

          On Error Resume Next

          Set myDMCF = New SwDocumentMgr.SwDMClassFactory

          Set myDocMgr = myDMCF.GetApplication(SWDMLIC)

         

          'check if there was connection

          If myDocMgr Is Nothing Then

             

              strMsg = "Unable to connect to SolidWorks Document Manager!"

              MsgBox strMsg, vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Error"

              getSWRevLev = "N/A"

              Exit Function

             

          End If

         

          Set mySWDoc = myDocMgr.GetDocument(strFile, swDmDocumentUnknown, True, Empty)

         

          strRev = mySWDoc.GetCustomProperty("Revision", swDmCustomInfoText)

         

          getSWRevLev = strRev

         

          Set mySWDoc = Nothing

          Set myDMCF = Nothing

          Set myDocMgr = Nothing

       

      End Function

       

      A idea what has changed to make this function not work.

      It seems that even first line (Set myDMCF = New SwDocumentMgr.SwDMClassFactory) returns 'nothing'.

       

      Thanks,

      Velid