2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2018 10:27 AM by Andrii Kolomiiets

Solidworks PCB server Installation

Indramal Wansekara

I tried to install Solidworks PCB server I got following error. How to solve this error?

ShellExecuteEx "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dism.exe" /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:IIS-WebServerRole /FeatureName:WAS-WindowsActivationService /FeatureName:WAS-ProcessModel /FeatureName:WAS-ConfigurationAPI /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIExtensions /FeatureName:IIS-ApplicationDevelopment /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIFilter /FeatureName:IIS-HttpRedirect /FeatureName:IIS-StaticContent /FeatureName:IIS-ASPNET45 /FeatureName:IIS-NetFxExtensibility45 /FeatureName:NetFx4Extended-ASPNET45 returned: 50

Contact Technical Support.

When contacting Technical Support about installation issues, you will need to provide the installation log files available in this directory. Use the button below to save your logs as a zip file for sending to your support representative.

• Re: Solidworks PCB server Installation
          Steve Calvert

I don't have the answer but i think that means the Microsoft IIS isn't set up properly on your server.

Steve C

• Re: Solidworks PCB server Installation
            Andrii Kolomiiets

It appears some IIS components failed to install on your machine. Please open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\dism.exe" /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:IIS-WebServerRole /FeatureName:WAS-WindowsActivationService /FeatureName:WAS-ProcessModel /FeatureName:WAS-ConfigurationAPI /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIExtensions /FeatureName:IIS-ApplicationDevelopment /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIFilter /FeatureName:IIS-HttpRedirect /FeatureName:IIS-StaticContent /FeatureName:IIS-ASPNET45 /FeatureName:IIS-NetFxExtensibility45 /FeatureName:NetFx4Extended-ASPNET45

That might give us a hint on why it doesn't install.

I suspect that SW IM could not turn on HTTP Features on this PC. Here is how it should be:

IIS.JPG