Hello SOLIDWORKS Power-Users and welcome to the 16th SWPUC.
For 5,000 points and eternal glory proposed the best, most elegant technique for unknitting a surface body in its individual faces.
- Download the attached file
- Use these options for importing the file in SOLIDWORKS. We need a surface body as the result.
3. Resolve any topological errors at face level. Gaps are acceptable.
4. Using only SOLIDWORKS features (exporting out as a neutral format (or other type of format), and importing it back, with the option to not knit faces is not acceptable) "unknit" the existing surface body in such a way that would generate individual bodies.
You get an extra 1000 points if you explain in detail your method.
Other 1000 prizes and certificates of SOLIDWORKS Power-User can be won, if your method stands out.
In case you are a programmer, and would like to submit a macro for performing the unknitting, we should have a separate award. The user submitting the fastest macro that will get the job done, will get 5000 points. The only conditions are:
- You wrote the macro.
- You gift the macro to the SOLIDWORKS Community
- Ideally the macro should prompt the user to select a face belonging to a surface body, or multiple faces belonging to multiple surface bodies, and unknit the bodies in individual faces. If those faces are pre-selected, the macro will go ahead and unknit the surface bodies that contain the selected faces.
Please submit your entries before 5 pm EDT on Thursday, the 10th of May, 2018.