1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2018 12:37 PM by Simon Turner

Insertion point MakeSketchBlockFromSelected

Todd Carpenter

Hi All,

I'm having an issue controlling where my insertion point is located when I create a block using the API.  When I use the API, the point is always center of the height of the geometry, and way to the right.  I've inserted the drawing geometry at 0,0 when I import it, and I tried supplying an insertion point of 0,0 but it doesn't seem to change anything.  Here's the code I'm using, (the important parts anyway), nothing fancy:

SelectionMgr swSelMgr;

swSelMgr = (SelectionMgr)swModel.SelectionManager;
      swModelDocExt.SelectAll();

// Write the block out.

MathUtility swMathUtil = swApp.IGetMathUtility();
      MathPoint swMathPoint;

double[] nPt = new double[3] { 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 };

Object vPt = nPt;

swMathPoint = (MathPoint)swMathUtil.CreatePoint(vPt);

SketchBlockDefinition swBlockDefinition = null;
      swBlockDefinition = ((SketchBlockDefinition)(swModel.SketchManager.MakeSketchBlockFromSelected(swMathPoint)));

string blockFileName = sDwgFileName.Replace(".dwg", ".sldblk");

swBlockDefinition.Save(blockFileName);
      swModel.EditDelete();

Am I doing something wrong?  When I create the block by hand, the insertion point is always the lower left corner of the geometry bounding box - I initially thought that would be the default behavior in the API as well - I was obviously wrong.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

• Re: Insertion point MakeSketchBlockFromSelected
          Simon Turner

I use almost exactly the same code to create my blocks.

There is a minor difference in that I don't use swModelDocExt.SelectAll - I make sure that I manually select the sketch entities before creating the SketchBlockDefinition.

The other difference is that my code is in a VBA macro. Hopefully that won't be the issue though.

Try manually selecting the sketch entities and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then you'll have to programmatically select them instead of doing a SelectAll.