2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2018 10:15 AM by Dan Pihlaja

Deleting ALL features below the Rollback Bar

Jess Shows

Greetings from Midland VA...

We use a lot of sheet-metal parts..Many times, we use an older model (as I'm sure many of you do as well) and edit as required to make applicable to the new design.

In these cases, we drag up the Rollback Bar (RBB), and edit as we go through...however, many times we're left with several features that we want to delete that are BELOW the RBB.

Coming from the INVENTOR world, we can simply right click and select the option to delete whats below the RBB...I swear I've found it before on SW (but, when I had hair it was blonde, so who knows) but I cant seem to see it now (we just rolled into SW 2017...).

I know there are 'work arounds" but wondering if there's a way similar to Inventor..

Thanks in advance and cheers to you all!!

Jess

• Re: Deleting ALL features below the Rollback Bar
          Glenn Schroeder

If there's a way to do that directly I can't find it either (but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist).  You can of course drag the bar back to the bottom, Shift+select all the features, and delete, but I'm sure that's one of those workarounds you're already aware of.

• Re: Deleting ALL features below the Rollback Bar
            Dan Pihlaja

I don't know of a way, but if you are worried about losing your place or accidentally deleting things above where the roll back bar is now, then the way I would do it is the following:

1) Roll back to desired position

2) Roll the freeze bar down to match the position of the roll back bar

3) Roll to end

4) delete everything that isn't frozen (use advanced function in delete window).

There is probably a better way, but this is what I came up with.