7 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2018 9:31 AM by Alex Lachance

Keep bounding box turned OFF

John Lhuillier

When will Solidworks give us a way to keep the bounding box turned off & keep it turned off. It's a real nuisance to have to continually go back to the part every time the model changes & turn it back off. If I turn it off, it was for a reason & that reason is I DON'T WANT IT VISIBLE. Yeah you can go into the Hide All Types & turn it off there, but it still stays pick-able in a drawing & I don't want that either. Had an ordinate dimension that attached itself to the bounding box & every time the part changed, the ordinate origin switched ends.

• Re: Keep bounding box turned OFF
          Kevin Chandler

Hello,

If it's a cut list bounding box, you can delete it.

Cheers,

Kevin

EDIT: You can also hide it.

Jim Wilkinson

John Lhuillier wrote:

When will Solidworks give us a way to keep the bounding box turned off & keep it turned off. It's a real nuisance to have to continually go back to the part every time the model changes & turn it back off. If I turn it off, it was for a reason & that reason is I DON'T WANT IT VISIBLE. Yeah you can go into the Hide All Types & turn it off there, but it still stays pick-able in a drawing & I don't want that either. Had an ordinate dimension that attached itself to the bounding box & every time the part changed, the ordinate origin switched ends.

Hi John,

Have you reported these problems to your reseller?  I made a simple cylindrical part (extrude of a circle) and if I change the depth of the extrude or size of the circle by editing the dimensions, the bounding box visibility stayed off but if I edited the feature or sketch and exited/canceled, even without making any changes, the visibility of the bounding box turned back on. So, I think it is a different trigger than the geometry changing. There may also be additional triggers other than editing the feature or sketch; so this may not be the exact problem you are encountering. And, the problems in the part and drawing are not necessarily the same problem so details would be needed for the drawing case too.

So, I would recommend reporting the problems to your VAR with as much detail as you can so they can replicate the exact problem and get you SPRs for the issues.

Thanks,

Jim

Scott Boerman

SPR 1049961 has been issued for this, it's rather annoying for me also.  The bounding box is so great - but disappointing all of the side affect bugs, hopefully they will be addressed soon.  Please vote for the SPR! 

And 1049980 is closely related, please vote it up also.  (thank you!)