Hi there, I just tried it without any problems with a default convert task in a default vault, converting to parasolid with a revision number in the destination filename.
When searching the KB for "error code 1 returned", I got an SPR describing similar behaviour for exporting to pdf, see SPR 589554. It mentions KB solution S-053733 for a workaround. This should be fixed previously in 2012. Could it be a script of that age? Don't know if that's at all possible...
The other options the article mentions are looking for a file with the same name in the destination location. Be sure to also look in the 'recycle bin' and destroy previously generated files with the same name.
Thank you for the reply.
Did you use "Source File Revision" or did you use a variable from the data card in your output path?
To clarify, this works:
This Does Not:
Again, if I change to any other file format "STL", "PDF", "STEP" or "IGS" they all work with no problem with the exact same setting and default script. It is just Parasolid that does not work and I can't figure out what is special about Parasolid.
I also tried the S-053733 solution and that didn't help. because files are named "%Part Number%_%Revision%" when the conversion is happening and the add-in code (not the script) replaces those with data card variables after the script is run and checks them in.
I'm using all the out of the box add-in settings and scripts in a freshly installed 2018 PDM environemnt.
Found the culprit!!!!
SolidWorks cannot save Parasolid with "%" character in its file name/path. Even if you try to do it manually it gives you an error...and pdm convert task uses "%" in the filename for data card variables.
what a bug! I'll have to open an SPR for this.
However, for the time being, this S-054527 solution can be used to code the data card variable extraction directly in the convert script. I have not tried this myself yet but looks promising.