AnsweredAssumed Answered

Wind Tunnel Setup and Testing.

Question asked by Tim Montano on Apr 23, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 by Bill McEachern

I've read that it is not possible to impart a simulated spin or movement to a part or an assembly being put through a simulated wind tunnel testing scenario within SolidWorks.  I don't know if this is true across the board with all versions of SolidWorks or if it only applies to my older version of SolidWorks.  If this is true, are there work-arounds that any of you more experienced SolidWorks users have developed?

I know enough about setting up  Wind Tunnels for  testing static models but,  if it IS possible to impart movement to the model being tested, I have yet to figure out how to do it.  In this case I'm wanting to impart spin to a cylindrical projectile within my Wind Tunnel in order to tweak the outside dimensions and geometry of that projectile for optimum levels of air flow around it for a given velocity window.

Just as a side note:  I posted a similar question here a couple of days ago but I can't seem to find it so I'm assuming that I did something wrong at the time of its posting that caused it to fail to appear as a discussion in this particular section of the forums.

Outcomes