I wanted to model some parts, that looked like they'd been crudely handmade. I've done a little bit of this before, but with a new project it's nice to rethink things.
First I modelled half of the tip, using conics and the following dimension scheme
I then made a DT and created formulas to vary all of the default dimensions +/- by a set percentage (here 6%)
In this case I made derived configs, which allowed me to have two variations that shared the same height.
These halve's were then inserted into another part and combined so
I modelled this part at 100mm high, the idea being to facilitate using a scale feature to bring it down to whatever size I require.
I used some split lines to mark the hole positions for later
Now this is the bit that I like the most and the main reason I wanted to share.
Using a blanket percentage variation, isn't ideal so I thought about using tolerances and was happy to discover that they are available in a DT
So for this simple part I gave it a go
It worked out easier than I thought
In my model I just randomised the configs for each inserted part
Hope you like my 'wonky' creations, a word of warning each time you open the DT the values get recalculated and you get a whole new set of mutant children
All the best