AnsweredAssumed Answered

reference calculations

Question asked by Kenneth Sauter on Apr 18, 2018

Is anyone else frustrated with the 'reference calculations' SW started doing in 2017 and 2018?  It takes me 2-3 minutes to place a simple screw.  It takes longer to place parts in an assembly.  It didn't used to be this way.   Placing screws should take no more than a couple of seconds, and placing a part shouldn't take any more than the time it takes to set up the mates.  As it is, I have to wait for SW to finish dancing around the Mulberry bush, which takes at least minutes, if not 5 minutes, after an operation, then it takes multiple minutes to set the mates.  It could easily take 10-15 minutes to add a part to an assembly and put fasteners in to hold it.  This is completely ridiculous.  I'm sure SW is doing something useful, but if it takes 2 minutes to place a fastener, and you have 30 or so fasteners to place, that's 30 minutes just to put some fasteners in.  This is nuts.  There has to be a better way to do the reference calculations.  If I was able to do things quicker in previous versions, I should be able to do it just as quick in any version.  Give me a way to turn the reference calculations OFF!!!

Outcomes