0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 4:18 PM by Kenneth Sauter

reference calculations

Kenneth Sauter

Is anyone else frustrated with the 'reference calculations' SW started doing in 2017 and 2018?  It takes me 2-3 minutes to place a simple screw.  It takes longer to place parts in an assembly.  It didn't used to be this way.   Placing screws should take no more than a couple of seconds, and placing a part shouldn't take any more than the time it takes to set up the mates.  As it is, I have to wait for SW to finish dancing around the Mulberry bush, which takes at least minutes, if not 5 minutes, after an operation, then it takes multiple minutes to set the mates.  It could easily take 10-15 minutes to add a part to an assembly and put fasteners in to hold it.  This is completely ridiculous.  I'm sure SW is doing something useful, but if it takes 2 minutes to place a fastener, and you have 30 or so fasteners to place, that's 30 minutes just to put some fasteners in.  This is nuts.  There has to be a better way to do the reference calculations.  If I was able to do things quicker in previous versions, I should be able to do it just as quick in any version.  Give me a way to turn the reference calculations OFF!!!