Jacob Ames

Complete Model Mania Drawing/Solution Package with Models and Winning Times

Discussion created by Jacob Ames on Apr 16, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2019 by Jim Sculley

Hello Everyone!

I've been working on this package for a while and thought it might help some of you out there - attached, you'll find all of the drawings and solutions (in completed model form) for the SOLIDWORKS World Model Mania contest, from this year all the way back to 2000. I had to do quite a bit of compression to fit all of them into one attachment, so some of the drawings may be a bit low-quality, and a couple years have had the simulation setups removed. However, you'll also find a spreadsheet containing all the correct values for mass/simulation, the winning times to compare against, and a link to a solution video for every year.

This package is a collection of contributions I've received from a number of different sources and created myself, and I'd like to give a big shout-out to Mark Schneider for helping me find several solutions and winning times I would have never found on my own. I'm also fairly certain there will be a few errors scattered around among the models, so please feel free to post them here if you find any, and if high-res drawings are required, trying checking here.

I hope you get as much use out of these as I have - they've made a great learning and educational tool for me.

Best Regards,

Jacob Ames

Attachments

Outcomes