2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2018 6:04 PM by Kevin Chandler

good project for mechanical student

Vaibhavsinh Jadav

hi there...

I am a student of mechanical engg. and I have started learning SolidWorks and I want my learning to use it fruitfully in my final year project, so can you suggest me any project related to this, As I am interested in designing based on defence and engine,engine parts or any type of machinery so pl@zz suggest me a good project In the field of mechanical engg. as per my interest.@

thanks for your help.....@

• Re: good project for mechanical student
          Dave Bear

Aircraft Carrier...................

Dave.

• Re: good project for mechanical student
            Kevin Chandler

Vaibhavsinh Jadav wrote:

hi there...

I am a student of mechanical engg. and I have started learning SolidWorks and I want my learning to use it fruitfully in my final year project, so can you suggest me any project related to this, As I am interested in designing based on defence and engine,engine parts or any type of machinery so pl@zz suggest me a good project In the field of mechanical engg. as per my interest.@

thanks for your help.....@

Hello,

You've stated that you've "started learning", but how long ago did you start?

What level do you consider yourself at? (Then quarter that assessment.)

What is your practice schedule?

And have you completed any (preferrably all) of the tutorials available from the SOLIDWORKS Help menu?

I would also suggest you practice the topics listed for each of the exam types at Certification Catalog | Certification | SOLIDWORKS

Are you planning on taking on any of the certification exams? Which? When?

Having a cert to your name at this stage in your career will carry more merit than modelling "any type of machinery" (aka "a bunch of stuff").

The certification is a known baseline, which, more than likely, your competitors for your next job will have.

It's also unlikely that you'll get any detailed data on anything since it's almost all proprietary. And if you do manage to get some detailed data, you'll probably get a visit soon after, especially if it's considered "defense". And in our current world, little isn't.

How about modelling something you have in front of you that you can measure and compare? How about a pencil? Can you do that?

Mechanical Engineering is a broad based term involving many disciplines, so just learn SOLIDWORKS with increasing familiarity.

The other engineering aspects you'll gather with experience, many of which will not involve SOLIDWORKS.

And for the sake of the profession and for your own career, please spell without the phonetics.

Cheers,

Kevin