1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 9:25 AM by S. Leacox

Force rebuild after plane moves

S. Leacox

Hello all, I am new to the forum. So I will both ask a questions and introduce myself.

I have been using Solid Edge for the past four years and was forced to switch to Solid works by a parent company. I have been doing CAD since 1990. I am a steel designer. For the current company it's all sheet metal 12 gauge and 10 gauge carbon is most of it. My company makes seal welded rectangular oil tanks.

The questions:

1. We have two seats of SW. One rebuilds when a plane is moved, the other does not. Where is that switch?

I want the file to rebuild when a plane moves.

2. Is there any way to automate editing the gauge/material of may pieces of sheet metal at once? Say I have a box of 6 pieces of sheet metal welded together. I want to hit a single switch and change all of the sheets from 12 gauge carbon steel to 1/8" aluminum. Is there any way to get that done? I am using gauge tables.

• Re: Force rebuild after plane moves
          S. Leacox

By working with our VAR, I was able to solve the first one. If instant 3D is checked, and you single click a plane dimension, then it updates without a kick. The trick is, the single click is not available unless instant 3D is on.

#2 appears to to be impossible. There is no way to pick the gauge file and gauge using a design table. Seeking any ideas to automate the change from 12 gauge carbon to 1/8" aluminum to 12 gauge stainless.