I have a very simple sheet metal part that I've been unable to flatten. I've searched the forum and tried many of the suggested fixes for other users experiencing a similar scenario: "The bend allowance of this bend may be too small". I could have re-modeled this simple part in less time than I've spent looking for a solution, but I'm seizing the opportunity as a learning experience.
To no avail, I have tried:
- Ensuring all sketches are fully defined
- Increasing the bend radius (up to .250"), although I know a .040" bend radius should be sufficient
- Suppressing and unsuppressing the bends within the Edge-Flange1 feature
- Suppressing the fillet and Cut-Extrude1 features
- Adjusting various sketch entities to force a solution
I'm running SW2018 Professional.
Thanks in advance for any tips! I'm always keen to learn!