I am modeling an aerator with the free surface feature. I set the overall domain to water and because I don't have a fixed volume of air I set a mass flow inlet of air to a lid placed at the inlet to the aerator.
The simulation and mesh start up but then fail with "Solver abnormally terminated" but with no warnings in less than 100 iterations. The simulation still takes an hour or more to get to that point before failing so if I'm doing something inherently wrong then I don't want to keep doing it. I contacted the Simulation expert at our VAR but he is doing a training this week and I wanted to see if I can figure this out without having to stay late to talk with him when he is free.