3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 3:47 PM by Matt Peneguy

Ø symbol in Property Tab Builder

Phil Marra

Not sure if this is the proper place for this issue, but I will ask anyhow. I have a template built with the Custom Property Tab Builder that has a finished size tab. It is linked to a text file that has selections for overall sizes in the format, "RD1@annotations" Ø X "RD2@annotations". This allows me to set  ref dims on the part and they will propagate to the BOM. My problem is the "Ø" symbol will not come thru to the BOM. I used the alt 0216 code and it shows up in the text file but once in the propertab tab it becomes a balck diamond with a "?" mark? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or if it is even possible to do what I am trying?

• Re: Ø symbol in Property Tab Builder
          Alex Burnett

I believe SW uses a text code of <MOD-DIAM> and then programatically changes the symbol on the fly when it's displayed on the drawing. This shows when you select a circular dimension and go to edit the text displayed in the properties tab.

Phil Marra

Alex,

Yes you are correct. I did find that out after posting my initial question. It wasn't working when I first tried but then I realized I needed to close down both the  text file and SW before the change would take place. Never the less Thank you for the assistance.

Phil

Matt Peneguy

Years ago I was inserting "_" in some custom property names...I don't know why I did it, but I did it in my templates.  That caused all kinds of weird behavior in PTB and in my custom properties.  I couldn't find any information on why my custom properties wouldn't work.  I figured it out in the end and corrected it.  But, it was a big mess because I already had a bunch of parts and assemblies all screwed up.  I think SW fixed it, but the point of my story is that I'd avoid that symbol if possible and maybe even the <MOD-DIAM>, until I tested it out real thoroughly.

Good luck and hopefully I have saved you some trouble.