2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2018 7:41 PM by Habib Ghalamkari

pattern driven component pattern mirrored parts

Peter T.

Hi Guys, I often mirror sheet metal parts, and also often use 'pattern driven component pattern' using components like nuts and bolts. Using pattern driven component pattern on the parent part is no problem, but it won't let me use the same feature inside the mirrored part, even if I select 'use hole wizard data'. Is there some way to use the holes like the parent part?

• Re: pattern driven component pattern mirrored parts
          Matthew Fry

As far as I am aware, this is still a limitation of the mirror part functionality.  It's even worse than you thought because even importing absorbed sketches into the mirror part (so you could use a sketch driven pattern instead) doesn't include the absorbed sketches of hole wizard features.  Alas.

• Re: pattern driven component pattern mirrored parts
            Habib Ghalamkari

1-F5PV60 wrote:

Hi Guys, I often mirror sheet metal parts, and also often use 'pattern driven component pattern' using components like nuts and bolts. Using pattern driven component pattern on the parent part is no problem, but it won't let me use the same feature inside the mirrored part, even if I select 'use hole wizard data'. Is there some way to use the holes like the parent part?

I normally add DrivedHolePattern to the mirror feature too. it works for me.

BOM shows all the instances too.