18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2018 3:26 PM by Barbara Blanc

Help! Have a complex curve part that I want to hide part of, and it won't let me make a dwg.

Barbara Blanc

Help! Have a complex curve part that I want to hide part of, and it won't let me make a formal drawing.

Hello.  I have a complex curved part model, that I want to hide the middle part of -that was made using the Thicken 1 command.  My intent is to hide the middle part of the glass - it is a curved piece of glass - for clarity, then in the Drawing the views shown are not complete.  Only the brackets show up.

When I try to import this model into a Drawing, the views are messed up.  If I try to hide the Thicken1 command, or even try to change the transparency, or try to manipulate the Thicken1 command, I get errors in the Drawing views.

I have tried to import the model as-is, and show the entire piece of glass as shaded, and manipulate the lines, one by one - or even convert it into a sketch, but to no avail.

The thing is, we have been successful with one other model/drawing that was created, and were able to hide the middle part of the glass, but my co-workers says he doesn't understand why/how it happened.  Looking at both their separate trees, they were created differently.  But, both have the Thicken command.

Please help.  I am under the gun.

Thank you,

Barbara