4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 8:45 AM by Carsten Wesseler

Solidworks PDM 2017

Eric Swartz

We have a PDM server at our home office, replicated to another site.  We're running out of disc space and are in the process of cleaning things up a bit.  We're seeing an increase in available space after the clean-up service runs on the server at our home office.  However, we don't see a corresponding savings on the replicated server.  Any idea why this would be?  We really need to get this problem solved quickly.

Thanks,

Eric

• Re: Solidworks PDM 2017
          Shaodun Lin

Did you Destroy the files after clean-up?

Carsten Wesseler

Hi Eric,

YouTube Neef to activate Thema Clean Up Service on everyone server You need it as the Service only runs on the one you activated it.

Edit: you could also activate the compression if you are running out of disc space.

Kind regards, Carsten

Eric Swartz

It was my understanding the clean-up service was already activated (no need to activate after install).  However... I did add the entry to the registry so I know it's going to run and when.  I temporarily set the time shortly after I made the change so I could see an immediate impact.  It did pick up a few GB, but nothing like I would've expected had the service not been running at all.  I set the registry entry to run each night after that.

We do have compression enabled... but I went ahead and added that registry entry as well in case the GP policy wasn't set for that server.

Thanks for your help.