4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2018 1:27 PM by Igor Fomenko

Is there a way to automatically add a linked custom propery to cut list?

Mike Hodson

I've been searching previous posts for something similar but haven't found an answer that is clear to me, my apologies if this has been answered 100 times.

I'm using 2018 SP 2.0   Fairly new to SW, long time Inventor user.

My work flow for weldments is to rename members via the cut list folder in the feature tree.  I then go into cut list properties and add a new property 'CUTLISTNAME' and set the value to be 'Cut List Item Name'.   I can then have this show up in the cut list table and use it in a note for view labels etc.

The problem is that I'm adding this property and value to each member individually.

Is there a way to have it there as a default, or a way to add it to all members automatically?

EDIT:

I have found that by clicking on Weldments in the feature tree, and choosing properties, I can add the property CUTLISTNAME, which then propagates that property to all members.    Great.   Except that at the weldment level, I can't give it the value of Cut List Item Name.....so I still have to add that value to each piece.

50% more efficient.....still an extremely repetitive task that should be automated.

Message was edited by: Mike Hodson