AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I automatically add an A, B, C,..etc, to a Wire Mark if I have multiple wires on a row?

Question asked by Josiah Braxton on Mar 27, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2018 by Tim Pulaski

I have been trying to create a wire formula that will place an A at the end of my Wire Mark if it is the second wire on a Row. in SolidWorks Electrical 2018.

Currently I am using 2 different wire styles to complete this. One wire style I use if I know there will be only 1 wire in a particular row. The other I use for multiple wires in a row, and this works just fine however I was wanting to combine the two formulas so that I would only have to use one particular style.

I have my wire marks set up to use the page number and the row number, currently: VAL(FILE_TAG) + STRZ(VAL(ROW_ORDERNO), 2, 0)

I want it so that if I have 1 wire on page 15 and row 3, my wire mark should be 1503.

But if wire 1503 goes through a device/contact on that same row - say CR1503, that the new wire coming out the other side of CR1503 will become wire 1503A.

Then if wire 1503A goes through another device, say Fuse1503, it will become wire 1503B and so on.

Definitely new to SolidWorks, my company just made the switch office wide.

I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the future, haha.

Thanks!

Outcomes