AnsweredAssumed Answered

Design table not updating and unable to choose parent for derivatives

Question asked by Peter T. on Mar 27, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2019 by Erik Huizing

Hi, I have I think 2-3 problems here

1. Often when I add new configurations/lines to design tables, especially ones with derivative parts, not all of the new parts are created when I exit the design table. It seems to choose a seemingly random amount of new parts to add. It is really frustrating, now I have to copy my design table into another spreadsheet before exiting because I have so often lost lots of data. I have also deleted and rebuilt design tables several times

2. When adding new configurations in design tables, I am not able to select parent parts as I choose even if I manually create a derivative part in configurations outside of the design table first

3. When I have trouble as per the 2 above issues and open and shut the design table several times within 10 minutes, eventually excel or solidworks crashes, I can't tell exactly which one as both programs tell me they are running correctly in the task manager but I can't use either

These problems happen in multiple parts, all generally very simple

The design table is really flakey, I don't understand how such an important feature that has been with solidworks for so long is still so crap. I spent hours playing with this feature (as it is very important) and I still can't figure out why it constantly has trouble. I pay good money to for solidworks subscription and its virtually useless to ask solidworks about problems to the point that I don't even ask them questions any more because they have never been able to help except by wasting my time

My Office suite works fine, Solidworks is 2017 professional

Outcomes