7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2018 9:09 AM by Dennis Dohogne

SW is running out of memory...

Randall Doane

Is there a way to verify that my student version  (SDK) is up to current - Service Pak...I am getting those error messages more often - SW running out of memory, SW is shutting down. GDI memory leaks. Task Manager doesn't show skyrocket memory use.   Error dialog box often comes up when I paste part into drawings.  Help is great appreciated.

• Re: SW is running out of memory...
          Swapnil Dhake

Randall Doane wrote:

Error dialog box often comes up when I paste part into drawings.

Hi Randall,

what do you mean by you paste part in drawings?

Also, as far as I know, error message regarding memory should not be depending on SWX version rather it must have to do with configuration of your computer.

One thing you can try is to increase size of paging file (rather you can change it to "system managed", let windows decide how much space it needs)

Ryan Dark

Hi Randall,

Since you are getting warnings about running out of memory how much RAM is installed in your computer and how much memory is reported as being in use on the 'Performance' tab of your Windows Task Manager?

Dave Bear

Hi Randall,

This thread may set you free, it certainly worked for me........

GDI Objects and User Objects study

Dave.

Dennis Dohogne

I agree with Dave on following the steps in that link.  It is easy to do and has no downside unless you totally mess up the registry.  Increasing the GDI Objects only helps and may be all you need to get out of the problem.  Also, just because it has not been explicitly stated, when you have those kinds of errors it doesn't hurt to shut down as many other running programs as possible or to even reboot and force things to "let go" of their memory grabs.  Also, run the SWX Rx.

Rubén Rodolfo Balderrama

Run Solidworks RX

Try to see if your PC has the minimal requiriments

SOLIDWORKS | Requisitos de hardware y del sistema | SOLIDWORKS

Randall Doane

Recently, when I use the center point rectangle, the system crashed in sheet metal, TWICE, I tried to record and submit but unable to complete the recording due to shut down. On my student version SW, I ran the SW Rx and there is NO way I can download the updates like service pak because it is LOCKED.  Is there a way that SW headquarters recognize that I am using the STUDENT VERSION SW. It say locked and I have to be a paid user. I was told that I need to use different email to keep it separate from professional users who paid for your SW software. Where is the student version downloads to make sure the system is up to current. I rather stick to my professional email from (Austin Community College) mail server.

Dennis Dohogne

Randall Doane wrote:

Recently, when I use the center point rectangle, the system crashed in sheet metal, TWICE, I tried to record and submit but unable to complete the recording due to shut down. On my student version SW, I ran the SW Rx and there is NO way I can download the updates like service pak because it is LOCKED. Is there a way that SW headquarters recognize that I am using the STUDENT VERSION SW. It say locked and I have to be a paid user. I was told that I need to use different email to keep it separate from professional users who paid for your SW software. Where is the student version downloads to make sure the system is up to current. I rather stick to my professional email from (Austin Community College) mail server.

Randall, if I am not mistaken the student versions are a year behind the current release AND they are not eligible for service packs.