9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 2:15 PM by bert yang

drawing problem

bert yang
      Hi, does any one know what is the problem when I create a drawing for a large assembly (more than 3ooo parts). top view allways disappear after software rebuld all. even you dellet it and replace a new top view. I use soldworks office premiun 2008. Thanks advance for all replay.
        • drawing problem
          Deepak Gupta
          Bret,

Tools, Options, System Options, Drawings , Display Style and under Display quality for new views check if it is set to High or Draft

High quality: - model resolved.

Draft quality: - model lightweight, used for faster performance with large assemblies.

Also post a screen shot to understand your problem better.

• drawing problem
              bert yang
              Thanks Peepak, I checked the setting, it is setted high quality. attached is my screen shot. one thing I want to update is the assembly contain around 8000 parts, also took 2 hour to create this drawing by conputer itself. when I reduse the part quantity to around 3000 thound every think seems OK. any comment to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Bert
            • drawing problem
              Deepak Gupta
              Try these two things:

1 Tools, Options and under Performance, uncheck Automatically load components lightweight

2 Tools, Options and under Assemblies, uncheck Use Large Assembly Mode

After setting these two, try creating a new drawing and see what are the results.,

• drawing problem
                  Jeff Hamilton
                  I have seen something similar. Sometimes when you hide the view and then bring it back the geometry appears.
                  I also talked to someone a few years ago with a very large assembly which behaved like this. Turned out that his was hardware related. His computer just couldn't handle it.
                  • drawing problem
                    bert yang
                    Hi Deepak,

Thanks again for your relpy. I have changed settings as your instruction. But the problem is still the same. Any other comments.

Thanks,

Bert
                      • drawing problem
                        Jeff Mirisola
                        Does it happen only on one assembly, or all assemblies? Have you checked to make sure your video card and driver are approved? Have you contacted your VAR?
                          • drawing problem
                            bert yang
                            it happens on one assembly, because I only have one huge assembly now. but if I change the size of the assembly by delleting half parts that are patterns. every thing is fine. I try it on diferent computers which all certified by solidworks on graphic card and draiver. one is quadro FX 1400 and the other one is Fire GL V5200. The same problem happens. because I don't subscribe service this year due to unsatisfied solidworks performance. My VAR will not provide any comment. So I am here for help. Thanks a bunch for any comments.

--Bert

• drawing problem
                                Kevin Johnston
                                I have had the same problem in SW2008 sp 4.0. On large assemblies (approx 2000 parts +) I have had problems with views not displaying. Graphics card and driver are certified. Contacted VAR who put me in touch with SW Territoy Technical Manager. I sent him the file. He had same problem but could provide no answer. Problem never resolved. I continue to have this problem on different assemblies.
                                  • drawing problem
                                    bert yang
                                    Seems Solidworks doesn't take care about problems. They only sell software, get money, but never solve problems.

KEVIN JOHNSTON wrote:

I have had the same problem in SW2008 sp 4.0. On large assemblies (approx 2000 parts +) I have had problems with views not displaying. Graphics card and driver are certified. Contacted VAR who put me in touch with SW Territoy Technical Manager. I sent him the file. He had same problem but could provide no answer. Problem never resolved. I continue to have this problem on different assemblies.