4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 1:44 PM by Tony Tieuli

Sketch Tool, Copy, Repeat button grayed out

Jeff Ogg

When I copy a sketch item, using the copy function, and the repeat button is grayed out and does not work.  I've learned that while in the Copy function that the Parameters the From/To is default selected and if I switch to X/Y and back to From/To the button is no longer grayed but still does nothing.

Has anyone resolved this issue?

I'm currently using 2018 and in 2017 it didn't work either.  It did work for me in 2015 once upon a time but doesn't work now that I've checked that version again.

• Re: Sketch Tool, Copy, Repeat button grayed out
          Steven Dod

2016 SP5 behaves the same for me.  I was just trying to use it yesterday and could not get the repeat to do anything.  I had to manually activate the Copy function about 20 times to copy the same entity to different places.  Was not fun at all.

Tony Tieuli

Jeff Ogg wrote:

When I copy a sketch item, using the copy function, and the repeat button is grayed out and does not work. I've learned that while in the Copy function that the Parameters the From/To is default selected and if I switch to X/Y and back to From/To the button is no longer grayed but still does nothing.

Has anyone resolved this issue?

I'm currently using 2018 and in 2017 it didn't work either. It did work for me in 2015 once upon a time but doesn't work now that I've checked that version again.

When using sketch copy using the From/To option, select the sketch element to copy, click in the Start Point box and select the point to copy from. click where you want the element to copy to. Once you click for the first copy the repeat box is enabled. You can then click repeat as many times as you want and the element will copy each time with the same spacing. The first copy is created at the point you click and then the subsequent copies are created at that space from the last copy. (Does that make sense?)

sketch copy.png

Hope this helps.

Jeff Ogg

Hi And Thanks for helping.  As I follow through your instruction I get to the point when you say "Once you click for the first copy ............" this is where the copy is pasted and then the dialog box disappears.

Tony Tieuli

Jeff Ogg wrote:

Hi And Thanks for helping. As I follow through your instruction I get to the point when you say "Once you click for the first copy ............" this is where the copy is pasted and then the dialog box disappears.

I'm not sure why yours does. As you can see from the image I posted above I've already clicked to place my first copy and the dialog box is still there ready to place more copies by clicking the repeat box.

I find it hard to believe that there would be a setting that changes the ability to place more than one copy. What would be the use of that?

I wish I could help more. I know that it works for me.