16 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2018 12:00 AM by Dave Bear

History tree jumps to the right

Richard Gergely

It's just one of those little things irritates me.

Basically while I'm modelling and finish a command suddenly on occasions the history tree jumps to the right so you can't see the features/parts/assembly. OK it's the easiest fix in the world just scroll back to left edge.

But it does bug me when it happens.

Is there a way to fix it so it doesn't scroll over unless you purposely go down to the bottom and press the arrow to scroll right or increase the history window width size.

• Re: History tree jumps to the right
          Christian Chu

Can you capture  a screenshot and post here

By the way, are you using any 3D mouse?

Josh Brady

Do you have your regional settings on your PC set to Great Britain by chance?  That may affect which side of the screen things default to.

Dave Bear

Hi Richard,

I have SW2016 SP3. I regularly experience my feature tree (window) widening to the right as my model grows. It does this in very small increments however and isn't really noticeable until you take a breath and stop focusing on the actual model and just look at the overall screen. Every couple of days (of use) I just slide it back to the left as I notice it. Realistically, it's only on the larger models that it really becomes noticeable.

Anyhow, I've never found a rhyme or reason for it, sorry.

Dave.

Jim Wilkinson

Dave Bear wrote:

Hi Richard,

I have SW2016 SP3. I regularly experience my feature tree (window) widening to the right as my model grows. It does this in very small increments however and isn't really noticeable until you take a breath and stop focusing on the actual model and just look at the overall screen. Every couple of days (of use) I just slide it back to the left as I notice it. Realistically, it's only on the larger models that it really becomes noticeable.

Anyhow, I've never found a rhyme or reason for it, sorry.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I think that this is a different problem then the OP is describing. I *think* what he is saying is that he has the tree width such that the icons are shown on the left and the text is truncated on the right and there is a horizontal scrollbar on the bottom. And under certain conditions, the tree will automatically scroll/jump left and then needs to be scrolled back. I can not be certain since he says right, not left, but he said he'd do a screenshot when it next happens so that should help us understand.

The problem you mention I think is SPR# 495883 which is that the width of the manager area on the left that contains the tree grows by about 1 pixel every time you open a file. This problem has been fixed in our development code for SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP03 and as long as all testing goes well, should be fixed in that SP.

Thanks,

Jim

Richard Gergely

Hello Jim

It sounds like this is the problem I am describing. Have a look at my screen shots to confirm.

So if this is the case in 2018 sp03 it could be fixed. That's good news (well that is if it is the problem I am encountering)

Jim Wilkinson

Richard Gergely wrote:

Hello Jim

It sounds like this is the problem I am describing. Have a look at my screen shots to confirm.

So if this is the case in 2018 sp03 it could be fixed. That's good news (well that is if it is the problem I am encountering)

Hi Richard,

My first paragraph was trying to write down my interpretation of the behavior I thought you were describing, and your images confirm that I was interpreting what you were saying correctly. This is not a problem that I am aware of however and therefore not something that I can say is fixed.

My second paragraph was referencing the behavior that Dave Bear described about the manager area on the left growing in width by one pixel each time a file is opened, taking over more of the graphics area. That problem is the one that is fixed in 2018 SP03, but has nothing to do with the behavior you are describing.

I searched our existing SPRs and found nothing relating to the tree scrolling in this way, so the best thing to do is to try to figure out as best you can what may be causing it and if you think it is a bug in the software, report it to your reseller. They may also be able to help you troubleshoot it if you are having problems.

Thanks,

Jim

Dave Bear

Jim Wilkinson wrote:

The problem you mention I think is SPR# 495883 which is that the width of the manager area on the left that contains the tree grows by about 1 pixel every time you open a file. This problem has been fixed in our development code for SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP03 and as long as all testing goes well, should be fixed in that SP.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks for the update on my issue Jim

Dave.

Richard Gergely

So the wording can get confusing. Here is what it does. Typically I will be editing/creating a feature and when completed suddenly the history tree scrolls to the right. Now it doesn't do this all the time put when it starts doing it just carries on. Unfortunately I never really took notice to the exact factors.

Pre editing/creating a feature

pic1.jpg

Then I edit/create feature

pic2.jpg

So you scroll the history left or right click edge left. Easy fix but I would like to avoid having to do that.