1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2018 11:47 AM by Stephen Lapic

excel variables disconnecting

Joel Seerey

I am currently building a new change management process using excell as the basis for the forms and storing them in the vault. i am setting them up so that much of the information in the form also populates epdm variables in the datacard, this is done so that the information is searchable and sortable. currently i have a series of check boxes on the formthat i would like to populate checkboxes on the datacard.

in excel checkboxes return true or false, while in pdm check boxes return 1 or 0. i had overcome this issue by some fun macro's and cell formulas that run upon open to stop circular references. these cells are all on a separate sheet to give a nice clean look.

the major issue i am having is that anytime i edit a box on the datacard it disconnects the entire set of checkbox variables. now my first instinct was to just make the checkboxes on the card read only, but i have the same information on my change request and my change order and would like to be able to pre-populate my change order with the relavant info when a request is approved.

so whats the deal how can i get this form to stop disconnecting itself from the variables?

• Re: excel variables disconnecting
          Stephen Lapic

I'm not sure if this info will help or not but I have issues with trying to do anything on any sheet but the first one.  In fact, if you check in the excel file and you didn't have it saved on the first one then it will break the links.  So I have all the variables interact on the first sheet and the engineers know that they must save and check in the file with the first sheet selected.