8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 4:20 AM by Jonathan Westcott

option/macro to remove text on drawing?

Armando Mantilla

Hi everyone!

First of all, let me thank you all in advance for your replies. I always come here to try and find answers to my questions and finally decided to open an account, hopefully I'll be able to help one of you as well someday.

This is something I've been wondering for a while now...

Does any of you know if there's an option or if it's even possible to make a macro that removes certain text off a drawing?

Part of my work is to revise drawings, either to make sure everything is alright or just to change something; sometimes the changes are pretty easy and some other times are more complicated. We make revision whenever we change or add something to a drawing. For example, for new drawings, the revision level of that drawing is "A" and if we move a hole location, the revision level of that new drawing, after modifying that hole location, moves to "B". So on that Rev. B drawing, the dimension that changed, we add "<TL-B>" into the Dimension Text box, which, as you well know, creates a triangle with a "B" in it. Now, if we change something to the Rev. B drawing, the new drawing will be a Rev. C but when we do that, we have to remove the revision "B" annotations (meaning, we have to remove all the "<TL-B>"s out of the dimensions).

So, is there a way to tell solidworks to remove all the <TL-B> texts out of the drawing?

Again thanks for your help.