Thought I'd share. Astec is looking for someone with a lot of experience in Composer. This is actually my job, but I've had another job opportunity and will be leaving at the end of the month. I have a great boss and would love to help find someone who is really skilled in Composer to take my place. Astec is a great company to work for.
Position Summary: To prepare Parts Manuals and Operation/Service Manuals for all new plants and/or plant components to enable the customer to identify parts that were used to build their equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Use Composer (or equivalent software) to produce digital, interactive part manuals, based on the 3D models used to build the plant or component, that are provided to the customer for part identification and ordering. The manuals must be easy to navigate and capable of integration with an E-Store via the Astec website and the ERP system.
- Must coordinate with Controls Department to install digital part manuals on plant control computer prior to shipping (based on controls purchased); Must provide copy of digital part manual on flash drive to the customer; Hard copies of the part manual are to be provided upon customer request only.
- Produce artwork suitable for use in operation and service manuals (OSMs) from drawings or 3D models used for fabrication of the equipment.
- Perform desktop publishing tasks as needed to support the OSM manual writers.
- Must be able to meet deadlines by having required sets of equipment information ready to leave with the equipment and remaining documentation ready within 7 to 10 days after that
- Must be able to keep good records as to the present work load, work in progress, work completed, etc.
- Follows company policies, safety rules, and procedures at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- D. Company service date (seniority)
E. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Technical education and/or applicable experience in drafting required. (CAD Certificate or Associate Degree preferred)
- Training and/or experience in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Composer, Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent), including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail are required.
- Knowledge of Windows-based programs is required.
- Training and/or experience in computer science / web design preferred