5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 8:36 AM by Ruben Rodolfo Balderrama

Bodies Won't Merge

Joe Tonkin

I've been working on a model of a machined casting for an industrial fluid strainer for the past few weeks. It's the most challenging thing I've done. I finally have it so that the geometry is all correct. However, I can't get the thing to merge together into a single solid body. It's telling me that there are 5 Solid bodies and 4 Surface bodies.

Now some of the extrudes don't have the "Merge" box checked intentionally. For the outlet "sub-assembly" I didn't want to merge it into the main body until after I used "intersect" to get the basic volume shape and shelled it. However, I 'm not able to merge it all together now. There are also a couple of lofts I had to do as surfaces. I am pretty sure I knitted them together and solidified them.  At one point I created Surfaces with a 0.00 offset with the theory that they should help with joining surfaces and things together. However, now I'm not sure if I ever actually used them. I also know there are a few voids buried inside somewhere.

I apologize if the feature tree is a little confusing in places. I tried to keep things straight & logical and renamel everything. However, there were times I got a bit overwhelmed with getting lofts, etc to cooperate.

I got my model to look right, but there are definitely places where I have no idea how I got things work.

Please take a look at the attached file and make suggestions.

Thanks much,

Joe