5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2018 9:23 PM by Dennis Bacon

Offset Entities

Maha Nadarasa

When offsetting this sketch by 0.1” error message pops up. What is reason for that?

2018-03-17_9-01-46.png

• Re: Offset Entities
          Dennis Bacon

I'm assuming you want to offset to the outside. If that is the case the minimum radius in the area shown is .07 meaning that it can't offset to .1     Right click on that spline and select "Show Minimum Radius" to see what the min r is.

If you make that larger....

There is no problem.

Maha Nadarasa

Thanks for explanation.

Maha Nadarasa

I couldn't understand  why it is called "Show Minimum Radius" because offset dimension must be 0.15 > offset dimension > 0. "Show Maximum Radius" is the correct word.

Dave Bear

Hi Dennis,

When I read your solutions to problems I am amazed at the length of detail you go into to explain the answer, it's always so helpful. Perhaps you should consider creating tutorials...........?

All the best bud!

Dave.

Dennis Bacon

Thanks Dave... I suppose that I'm always (erroneously) thinking that everyone is as dumb as I am.. I'm fairly sure that the people at a local HackerLab that I'm involved in think I'm some kind of moron when I teach classes there in Cad and CNC programming. Those people are so freaking bright that it scares me. If I go into too much detail or repeat myself they quickly get bored cus they already know it. I just told them. Not sure if those geeks could actually work for a living because if they are not learning they don't want to have anything more to do with it.