AnsweredAssumed Answered

Performance issues related to common files

Question asked by Fred Dickey on Mar 15, 2018

A client of mine has some strange issues.  They are a solidworks shop with a mix of Windows 7 and Windows 10 workstations in an Active Directory environment.  They use the Solidworks licensing server on the AD server to check our licenses now but I don't think that is related to the issue we are experiencing.

Basically, we have a single user who has some serious performance issues.  Example, when extending a cylinder in an assembly, it takes around 30 to 40 seconds to complete.  If we login to the same workstation using a domain admin account or wipe his windows profile and start him off with a clean profile, the same process in the same assembly takes 8 seconds or less.  We set him up with a clean profile and it worked fine for a few hours of use before the performance issues came back.

We have further narrowed it down to the common files.  If he removes the common files in Solidworks, everything works fine.  He has tried copying the common files from another user on the network who has not experienced any issues but he still experiences the same performance issues.

I'm not all that knowledgeable of Solidworks under the hood, so posting on here to see if anyone has seen this kind of behavior before.  He has already worked with tech support on the issue but they haven't determined anything yet.

Outcomes