2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 9:34 AM by Charles Reeves

PDM Add-in File Replication

Charles Reeves

I have a custom Add-in for PDM Pro 2017 SP2.0 that is modified occasionally for business needs.  When I publish the files in the Administration tool, I then go the SQL and set the Archive VersionUID = 1 because PDM doesn't version system files (for whatever reason).  This setting allow the add-in files to replicate to the other servers and to the corresponding users.

UPDATE [Vault].[dbo].[ArchiveServerStored]

SET VersionUID = 1

WHERE ArchiveType IN (2,3)

AND VersionUID != 1

The problem I'm having is: a couple of our remote Archive Servers and users never receive the updated files.  No matter what replication settings I use or permissions I assign (to the client PC or PDM) I can't get the add-in files (.dll) to replicate.  My work around is to manually copy the assembly to the users' appdata folder where PDM should put them.  You can imagine this is a cumbersome work around.  I'm hoping someone out there has dealt with a similar issue because my VAR hasn't been very helpful.  Does anyone know what setting to try or at least how to force replication?

• Re: PDM Add-in File Replication
          Lee CS Young

What happens if you clear the plugins directory on the client machine? I recall having this issue with a customer and I think that's how we resolved it. I have a powershell script that takes care of it.

I've often thought of creating an add-in that would force reloading of the add-ins. One day I'll get to it.

• Re: PDM Add-in File Replication
              Charles Reeves

Yes, that is one of the many things I've tried.  If I delete the files in the plugins folder and restart EPDM, the old version returns.

After a bit of digging I have verified that it is a replication issue.  I found the actual store file (00000001.unk) in the archive director on the server, and found that it is not up-to-date. There modified date and file size do not match one from a good server.  I have already copied and replaced this file on one of the servers and verified that it works.  I can write a script to do this, brute force, but I’d prefer to find out why EPDM is not replicating it automatically.