2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 7:14 AM by Grant Kirkland

Cannot Re-dock Standard Toolbar

Grant Kirkland

My "standard" toolbar has magically moved upon opening SW this morning. I've hit ever customization and dragged every menu tab I can find - no luck.

Any ideas?

• Re: Cannot Re-dock Standard Toolbar
          Jim Wilkinson

Hi Grant,

The Standard toolbar has not moved. That area where those buttons are by default is called the "menu bar" as described in this help topic: 2018 SOLIDWORKS Help - Menu Bar

You cannot dock an entire toolbar there, but you can put buttons there by using Tools, Customize, Commands. The default setup has a combination of flyout toolbar buttons and regular toolbar buttons there.

However, if those buttons have disappeared without you doing anything, then your Microsoft registry where all the SOLIDWORKS settings/user interface definition is stored probably got "damaged' somehow. And if that is the case, there will likely be more problems than just those buttons being missing. Do you have a backup of your settings that you saved using the Copy Settings Wizard? If so, restoring from that is the best course of action.

Thanks,

Jim