AnsweredAssumed Answered

Get top level names in assembly tree to create mates api

Question asked by Eric Schwieterman on Mar 8, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 by Eric Schwieterman

All of my files have a coordinate system set up on the left and right side of modular items.  I would like to write a macro to go down the tree of an assembly (top to bottom) selecting coordinate2 of component 1 and coordinate1 of component 2, then add a coincident mate.  Then coordinate2 of component 2 and coodinate1 of component 3, then add a coincident mate.  And so on all the way down the tree. 

I have a variable for :

firstselection

secondselection

pathnoextension  (assembly name)  I already have this one figured out

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Coordinate System2@" & firstselection & "@" & PathNoExtension, "COORDSYS", 0, 0, 0, False, 1, Nothing, 0)

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Coordinate System1@" & secondselection & "@" & PathNoExtension, "COORDSYS", 0, 0, 0, True, 1, Nothing, 0)

Dim swMate As Mate2

Set swMate = Part.AddMate5(20, -1, False, 0.124990244006958, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0, 0, 0, False, False, 0, longstatus)

How do I traverse down the tree to get the name of the 1st component in the tree then get the name of the 2nd component?  So I can execute the mate as shown above.  And on down the list 2nd component, 3rd component - mate.  3rd component, 4th component - mate.  etc.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks - Eric

Outcomes