3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2018 1:06 PM by Joe Trzaska

Custom properties help

Mark Piland

Can anyone tell me what this column is? For some reason, I think it's preventing me from linking my part properties up to my assembly. For instance, in the volume property, I put "SW-Volume@Foam Fill.SLDPRT" but it reverts to what's shown. I didn't create this assembly, a co-worker did. But, all the others I created work just fine and don't have this column. I can't seem to find anything about it. Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Custom properties help
          Solid Air

I did not realize that SW added the link column in the model's Summary Information.  This link column was something new in SW2018 added in weldment cutlists to prevent properties link from the weldment profile from being changed.  Unchecking the cell allowed the property to be manually changed.  Not that you could change properties before, now you had the option to change them.  It will be interesting to find out if this is causing you issues.  I do not see any checked so I do not know why you properties are reverting.

Mark Piland

This seems to be a 2018 issue for sure. I had custom properties linked to the materials some of the parts. With 2017 this worked, but with 2018 it forces it to refer to the parent assembly. Not sure why.

Joe Trzaska

I saw this in weldment cutlists. I don't understand what this is supposed to do. It just causes me to click on one more thing to make a change. I change the description of most cutlist items. If there was a global way to unlink them in the template I would do that. This linking thing is really a waste of time that there is no use for. What good is it to link/lock it if you can just unlock it?!