3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 10:43 AM by Evan Dlugopolski

how to model a part from an orthographic drawing

Greg Cuaresma

Hi, I am quite new to Solidworks and for an assignment I have to model this part in order to create an aligned section view of this drawing. The problem is I have no idea where one end of the part starts and another begins. Can someone please help me model this part in Parts?

7183-6-31IE1.png

• Re: how to model a part from an orthographic drawing
          Josh Brady

Please discuss with your instructor.  We have no way of knowing whether we are providing more help than you ought to have to complete this assignment.

Tony Tieuli

Greg Cuaresma wrote:

Hi, I am quite new to Solidworks and for an assignment I have to model this part in order to create an aligned section view of this drawing. The problem is I have no idea where one end of the part starts and another begins. Can someone please help me model this part in Parts?

7183-6-31IE1.png

You appear to have all the information you need to create this model. Take the time to study the drawing. It's all there.

If you're still having problems, as Josh Brady says discuss it with your instructor.

Having us do your assignment won't help you do the next one.

Evan Dlugopolski

I admit this is a tricky drawing for a student.  But, as Tony and Josh said, it's all there.  This doesnt seem like an issue of SolidWorks but of print reading. 

Go back to your reference materials, talk with classmates, search for online resources, talk with instructor.  I am all for using all the resources you have available to you (this forum included) but in this case we can't teach you print reading over a forum and modeling the part for you wouldn't help.