AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to read the radius of a feature fillet with the API?

Question asked by Nathan Wright on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 by Nathan Wright

Hello everyone! Long time viewer, first time caller. I am quite a novice at using the SolidWorks API, but am quite enjoying it. I have had much success with making simple macros in the past with VBA, but am now running into a bit of an issue:

I have many simple feature fillets that were created by a customer and I am attempting to ascertain what the values of these set radii are. However, using IGetRadius or GetRadius merely tells me the default radius of an edge, and NOT the actual customer-input radius. I am sure I am missing something simple. Is there a trick to this I am missing? This is an assembly with many parts. These parts have the fillets listed as features inside of them. I am having no trouble iterating through each feature of each part in the assembly because I am doing other operations that are going through just fine. I just cannot pull the proper radius for some reason...

I would prefer a solution that does not use AccessSelections() because Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications always bugs out on me when attempting ReleaseSelectionAccess() saying that there is a syntax error (calling filletInstance.ReleaseSelectionAccess() where filletInstance is of type SldWorks.ISimpleFilletFeatureData2). Unless there is a trick to this as well...

Thanks in advance!

-Nathan

Outcomes