Position: Engineer II TDO (CAD Design Automation Developer)
Watlow Profile: The world’s leading companies start with Watlow. Watlow®, a privately owned company, is the industry leader in the design, manufacture and integration of complete thermal systems including electric heaters, temperature sensors, temperature controllers, power controllers and supporting software. At Watlow, we are constantly driven to do more to help our customers. We take on big technical challenges. We are committed to projects that help our fellow human beings and we strive to learn more. From single components to high performance systems, we bring our thermal expertise to numerous applications, including semiconductor processing, energy processes, diesel, foodservice equipment, life sciences and others.
Overview of Role
The role will focus on advancing design automation as part of the product design team. Areas of focus include migration from 2D CAD to 3D, integration with PDM/PLM and advancing our customer facing configurator system for standard products.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Drive CAD automation / integration using 3D CAD & PDM tools
- Create and guide software solutions in Solidworks to enhance productivity of an engineering design team.
- Follow and develop best practices and documentation for users and developers
- Development within a rules-based web platform for product configuration
- Work with the teams across Watlow business units to promote the execution of product definition with improved quality & design standards
Qualifications: Must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and at least 4 years of relevant design experience
- Demonstrated advanced experience using 3D CAD modeling and automation. Preferred experience in Solidworks with Solidworks PDM Professional.
- Demonstrated mastery in developing and managing a CAD environment, design standards, product configuration, design processes and design automation.
Additional success factors:
- Experience in the principles of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Product Development
- Understands general engineering principles to effectively design and problem solve a range of product applications.
- Must be an active team contributor that can assist with leading development projects in a fast-paced environment
Watlow thanks all those who apply.
Only those who are best qualified may be contacted for an interview.
Watlow is Equal Employment Opportunity Employer including Protected Veterans and Individuals
Apply Directly at Career Portals