AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linking custom properties and cut list fixed in 2018 fixed!

Question asked by Kyle Ferris on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 by Igor Fomenko

Hello everyone. A major issue in the past has been linking custom properties and cut list properties but it seems SW 2018 has fixed this issue. In my sheet metal parts I can now simply copy and paste expressions from the cut list to the custom property tabs and the correct values are returned, so this is fantastic.

What I would like to be able to do now is create a part template for a sheet metal part that contains the thickness and the amount of bends within sheet <1> (I don't use multibody parts so I'm only interested in displaying sheet <1> properties.

I can achieve this if I have a part template with a base flange already extruded and cut list properties pasted over, but I would like to have a part template that doesn't contain any feature/sketch yet, so I can create a brand new base flange and they are automatically linked without me having to manually copy and paste over what I want. However the methods I've tried don't seem to work if you have them in place BEFORE the sheet metal flange is created, even if the expression is exactly the same (well it does actually work for sheet metal thickness, not the other values).

I could see this being achieved by having a macro that copies these values across AFTER a sheet metal feature has been created. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Outcomes