3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2018 3:45 PM by Jim Sculley

Vault View Has Become Partially Disconnected

Jim Sculley

I have two vaults (named '_EPDM' and '_DEVELOPMENT').  For some reason, the _DEVELOPMENT vault has started misbehaving.  It shows up in my Favorites and operates fine from there:

However, from the normal folder structure, it shows up like a plain old directory:

I can right click on _EPDM and get the proper context menu:

but if I do this for _DEVELOPMENT vault the context menu is the normal Windows menu:

Has anyone seen this kind of thing before, and of so, how did you fix it?

• Re: Vault View Has Become Partially Disconnected
          Sam Sam

Hi,

If it is a problem of one computer - that on other clients - everything has to be normal.

Then, it is necessary to create a new a local view on the client where there is a problem.

For this purpose it isn't enough to rename/remove the old folder, it is necessary to remove all entries _DEVELOPMENT in the register of the client.

If in there is something valuable - it is possible to keep everything in archive (rar, zip).

If such decision for some reason doesn't approach, then more information is necessary.

Charley Saint

There are a few things that make a vault view folder special.

• The folder itself is flagged as a system folder (in cmd run attrib c:\<vault view> and it should have a S attribute)
            • Inside the folder there is a desktop.ini file with some important information that's required, it should be a hidden file (H attribute with an optional A)
            • Registry info, the usual stuff in either HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Vaults but make sure ShellRoot is in one of those locations and pointing to the vault view
              Jim Sculley

After some research and tinkering I was able to get things back to normal.  In the end, I had to follow the instructions in Solution ID: S-038423 which involves deactivating the view, renaming the view folder, creating a new view, deactivating the new view, copying the old view folders into the new view and reactivating the new view with the ViewID from the original.  The hoop-jumping was required since there were quite a few checked out files.