I cannot create a global variable in Solidworks 2018 Premium under Window 10 Enterprise with all latest win updates. I always get "The syntax of this equation is incorrect."
It does not matter how I try to create the variable. I have tried creating it from modifying a dimension as well and when I do that and then go to equation editor, the variable is not there.
I have completely uninstalled SW 2018 and reinstalled SW to no avail.
These are the steps I try to minimally get a global variable
- Open Solidworks 2018 Prem.
- Sketch a rectangle on the top plane
- Open up the Equation Editor
- Under Global Variables, I click in “Add global
variable” text box
- Type testVal1
- Hit tab
- Type 10; SW automatically changes this to =10
- Hit enter
- Get the popup message “The syntax of this equation is
I've tried the info here GoEngineer - Knowledge Base .
Can anyone help with this?