2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2018 7:42 AM by Geraldo Fernandes

what are the best tools for checking the difference between versions of a drawing file (files are in EPDM)?

Jeff Anderson

In my corporate setting we revise drawings within EPDM. It is tightly controlled and managers have to verify all the changes to part, assembly, and drawing files.  I have been looking for methods to aide in seeing the difference between a file and it's previously released version.  I have found the compare utility which helps review the difference in models - I have tried out comparing the difference between models and it looks helpful.  I haven't tried it with assemblies.  However, it doesn't do anything for drawings.  I have also seen the draw compare tool, but it requires me to save off a version of the file so I can compare them instead of allowing me to choose the version within EPDM. It seems like I remember during a Solidworks Rollout event that they showcased some feature where it would highlight dimensions that are different from the last time the document was opened.  Is that something that needs to be turned on? Where? Does it work?  I really just need a way for managers to be able to visually see the difference in the drawing. Thank you for any help in this matter.