AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with flattening a surface without using Flatten command, or help with Convert to Sheet metal

Question asked by Tyler Nichol on Feb 23, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2018 by Dennis Bacon

Hello,

I'm trying to help a colleague get a flat pattern of a curved surface. I only have SW Standard so can't use the Flatten command (kinda frustrating, really hoping for SPR 886877 to get implemented). I thought I could make a sheet metal part using the surface but have been unsuccessful so far. I tried doing it as a loft, but Lofted-Bend only works between two sketches and there are several profiles needed to create the shape. Multiple Lofted-Bends produce a multi-body sheet metal part, which is as close to a solution as I can get but definitely is not as elegant as I'm hoping for, and I'm not exactly sure what will happen if I try to flat-pattern a bunch of distinct bodies.

I've included a file with a body made using the Thicken tool on the curved surface provided to me by my colleague. I would sure appreciate it if anyone can help me get a flat pattern that can be formed into this shape.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Tyler Nichol Re-attached part file, original model was empty.

Attachments

Outcomes