1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 12:25 PM by Arie Van Gelderen

Check Box Control Logic

Kevin Smith

This is a handful but please try to stick with me here...Okay, So I know an unchecked check box will have a value of 0 and a checked one will have a value of 1

but what about one in this state? (I honestly don't even know what this even means?)

check boxes only show up like this when I am using the search function in PDM...

The problem is that I have control logic tied to them... so on the original sldprt card we have 4 options and when one is selected the other 3 are grayed out, as well as 2 of the options having sub options appear only when selected...

BUT, things get weird when using the card to search...

as you can see the control logic that made the dropdown bar appear on the sldprt card no longer works because all the other boxes are in this weird filled checked state, but are also now grayed out because i tried to click one of the other options. I basically just need the search function to have only the 2 check box states. GAH... ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!

• Re: Check Box Control Logic
          Arie Van Gelderen

This filled state of the checkbox means that it will search for both values '0' and '1'.

You can set the default value to '0' or '1' (S-056136 in the KB):

...Search cards will behave a bit different from "normal" file data cards in regards to default values. It is possible to define which default values a search card has to show by adding them in the "default values" dialog found in the bottom of the properties pane when editing a search card in the card editor.  Read about it in the administration help, chapter Data cards, card editor controls toolbar, card properties, "Search card".
          For checkboxes, add default value of 1 for checked and 0 for unchecked....

You can set the default value here:

You have to restart Search.exe to see the result.