AnsweredAssumed Answered

$PRPWLD:"Description" not working in a note in a weldment part.

Question asked by Robert Stewart on Feb 24, 2018
Latest reply on May 23, 2018 by Alexandre Gragnano

In 2017 and earlier, we used a note and this macro: https://www.javelin-tech.com/blog/2013/05/link-solidworks-custom-property-to-note/#.WH0gz1UrKCg

to transfer the following properties to our BOM:

For weldment parts: $PRPWLD:"Description"x $PRPWLD:"LENGTH" LG.

For sheet metal parts: $PRPWLD:"Sheet Metal Thickness" X $PRPWLD:"Bounding Box Width" X $PRPWLD:"Bounding Box Length" LG.

Some of the properties aren't transfering to my notes in 2018, the note is just blank (the property is still in the note, but the value is passed). I can't figure out the problem. It's driving me crazy. I think it has to do with the new Linked Properties, but they aren't in the What's New Document so I can't figure them out either!

$PRPWLD:"Description"                         Works at first, then disapears after properties/parts are edited

$PRPWLD:"LENGTH"                              Seems to work all the time

$PRPWLD:"Sheet Metal Thickness"     I haven't test yet   Sheet Metal Properties still appear to be working

$PRPWLD:"Bounding Box Width"          I haven't test yet Sheet Metal Properties still appear to be working

$PRPWLD:"Bounding Box Length"           I haven't test yet Sheet Metal Properties still appear to be working

I need to start  a case with my VAR, but yet again, SW has broken yet another workaround without fixing the root problem.

There were multiple threads in this years top 10 list voting that Deepak Gupta started for this issue. I can't find them now though. Deepak, any ideas?

Edit: Added a screen shot of my Weldment Custlist Property window.

Hit End twice when you open the template, because the macro feature won't load without the macro file.

You need to right click on Annotations > Display Annotations to show the note. It's hidden in the template.

Outcomes