1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2018 9:50 AM by Ryan Haugen

(Routing) Part properties -> BOM Description and Part Number issues

Ryan Haugen

I've created a library of routing parts (some imported, some created from scratch) and I'm trying to figure out how the BOM features work. But it seems to be behaving very inconsistently as far as which custom properties it's showing correctly, and which it's not. Below is a screenshot of a fitting, it's inserted BOM table, and it's custom properties. Notice how the "description" and "PartNo" property seem to be ignored. (The part number on the BOM table is showing ALMOST correctly, as at some point on the left side bar I entered a custom part#. However I have not been able to get back to how I did that, and it's not keying the part number from the properties)

forum scrn1.jpg

In an attempt to isolate the problem, I tried the same on another fitting. In this part file, the description DOES seem to be populating correctly, but the PartNo still is not:

forum scrn2.jpg

It may also be worth noting that on first adding properties to the part, I was able to pick "Description" and "PartNo" from the dropdown list. However, now those properties are missing from my list, and have to be entered manually.

Am I looking at a bug, or am I missing something?