1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 5:33 AM by Tom Wormald

having a hard time capturing Global Variable dimensions in DriveWorksXpress

Vinny Barbati

having a hard time capturing Global Variable dimensions in DriveWorksXpress.

I selected the dimension that has the Global Variable to capture and setup the forms and rules, but it would not change my part when I run them.

Is there a way to capture the address of the Global Variable?

Thank you.

problem.JPG

• Re: having a hard time capturing Global Variable dimensions in DriveWorksXpress
          Tom Wormald

Hello Vinny,

You should be able to capture and drive a Dimension that is controlled by a Global Variable using DriveWorks. In the image you have shown, it looks like the Master Model is open, not the newly created model. The dimension will only be driven to the new value in the newly created model.

Because Global Variables are a very basic form of automation, and there functionality can be mimicked in DriveWorksXpress, it is recommended that you remove all equations and global variables from a model, and move the logic over to Xpress. This will make your automation project more manageable as all your rules etc will be in one place.

There is now a DriveWorksXpress Training and Certification that you might want to check out to learn more.

I hope this helps.